Starting Bankroll: $0.00

Current Bankroll: $500.00 (withdrawn)

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pokerstars changes min/max buyins for cash games!

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/games/rules/ring/

So I'm still playing at 5NL, so it actually doesn't affect me at all YET. Although overall the changes seem extremely good, there are 3 things that worry me. The fish are going to go away, the fish are going to go away, and the fish are going to go away.  The fish are no longer going to go in the 40-100bb and will all move to the 20-50bb tables. Fish are losing players, and hate it when they get stacked for huge amounts. Therefore, they will go to 20-50bb tables, where you lose less and skill doesn't play as much of a roll.

I think Pokerstars can help fix this by two ways (that have probably be brought up in the 2p2 forums multiple times).

One, change the 20-50bb tables to 20-40bb. This will close the buyin overlap and possible less bad fish will go to the shallow tables and buyin for 50bb. Plus buying in for 50bb when everyone is 20bb around you is kinda stupid.

Two, label the table shallow, regular(or no label), and deep. The fish will be more inclined just to join the regular tables and not the ones with weird labels. Maybe I'm just a selfish asshole, but the fish really need to know they are playing in the fucking shorty games.

And going back to my own poker...

I transferred my FTP money over to Stars and have enough to move up to 10NL, but I'll probably wait until Hold'em Manager comes out with a new update first. Some people seem to have problems at the new min/max buyin tables that are not at 5NL, but at every table 10NL+

No comments:

Post a Comment